Inspiration can come from anywhere and often strikes at the most unexpected of moments. Often when you most need it, it’s the hardest to find. As a writer, and really as someone who endeavors to be creative in general, I’ve learned that you can’t rely on inspiration to appear to you. Rather you have to go out and seek it or, sometimes, learn to work without it. For those seeking a little inspiration, for my post today I’ve decided to compile a list of my five favorite inspirational quotes. They help me when I need a pick-me up, hopefully they’ll help you too!
- “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
- “Yes, I’ve always been a dreamer, and yes, I have always tried. And dreams are special things. But dreams are of no value if they’re not equipped with wings and feet and hands and all that. If you’re going to make a dream come true, you’ve got to work with it. You can’t just sit around. That’s a wish. That’s not a dream.” – Dolly Parton
- “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – John F. Kennedy